Droid apps

Uranium City

Pro Member
indiePRO
Just entered the smart phone revolution. Boy, do I feel dumb.

Anyone want to recommend any cool droid apps, particularly of the filmmaking variety?

I know it's a really annoying, pointless thing to say at this stage in time but... Android sucks :P

I was using an Android phone briefly after I broke my Blackberry and it was incredibly frustrating, especially since I use an iPad and am used to Apple's touch screen. Long story short- the apps were very rudimentary and glitchy. Now I'm using an iPhone and it's becoming an essential tool for filmmaking...

That said- I've heard good things about surveyor.

I know it's a really annoying, pointless thing to say at this stage in time but... Android sucks :P

I was using an Android phone briefly after I broke my Blackberry and it was incredibly frustrating, especially since I use an iPad and am used to Apple's touch screen. Long story short- the apps were very rudimentary and glitchy. Now I'm using an iPhone and it's becoming an essential tool for filmmaking...

That said- I've heard good things about surveyor.

I think you must've got one when they were young, or something.

I've used both iPhone and Android (both for many months), and I'm quite happy with both. My current phone (Android) is pretty awesome.

Anyway, nice thread, UC. I hadn't thought to use any apps for filmmaking. I'll be paying attention to see what people are using.

I think you must've got one when they were young, or something.

I've used both iPhone and Android (both for many months), and I'm quite happy with both. My current phone (Android) is pretty awesome.

Anyway, nice thread, UC. I hadn't thought to use any apps for filmmaking. I'll be paying attention to see what people are using.

That might be true. It was the first Google phone and it take like three finger drags to pull it across the screen.

I know that a lot of people like Android but in the App world I can't really see how they can keep pace with Apple.

Plus- when I installed Angry Birds might phone decided to shut down and not wake up until it's drive had been (professionally) rebooted.

Really, Android now is worlds apart from the G1, the first Android phone. I actually prefer the Android 2.3 as opposed to Apple's iOS4.

Last edited:
Really, Android now is world's apart from the G1, the first Android phone. I actually prefer the Android 2.3 as opposed to Apple's iOS4.

This.

If you were using a G1 and haven't used 2.2 or later on a 1Ghz phone/tablet or faster, then your comparison is apples to last years frostbitten rotten oranges. So to speak.

Just downloaded an app called "Acacia" that does all sorts of cool things (like let you keep a shot list and keep track of equipment), has a built-in DOF calculator, and includes a basic slate.

Back