• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Drive review

Saw this a few weeks ago at a screening with Nicholas Winding Refn in attendance (I even got to have a quick chat with him) and I loved it but have to say I thought the violence was a little much at times. And, much as I love her, Carey Mulligan was slightly miscast. But the movie is excellent.

Saw this last night, and I gotta say it's the best movie I've seen all year.

Score was excellent, cinematagraphy was great, gosling was a badass

Saw this a few weeks ago at a screening with Nicholas Winding Refn in attendance (I even got to have a quick chat with him) and I loved it but have to say I thought the violence was a little much at times. And, much as I love her, Carey Mulligan was slightly miscast. But the movie is excellent.

*SPOILERS*

I went to see this with some friends last night, and one of them felt the same way as you about the violence. I actually thought the violence was strikingly accurate. We are so used to movies where people get hit once in the head and are knocked out for ages, choked for 10 seconds and were made to think they have died, get hit once in a nonvital part of the body and they die instantly, or a few punches or kicks kill a guy. Like in this movie, it really does take a large amount of kicks/stomps to kill someone. The man who attacked him in the hotel room was shot and beat up, but we seem him later in the movie because none of it was anything that would kill a normal (nonmovie) person. This movie made violence real, and because of that we react to it as if it were real; that is, we are taken aback, sometimes appalled, and other times disgusted. Isn't that how we should react to violence?

Back