• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DOP showreel

Have a look folks. Personally I feel it has certain weakness but wouls like others to make comments to see if crits come out with the same points. The last few shots are pure CG that I created with Cinema 4D.

Cheers

http://vimeo.com/37089102

I think there's a lot of good material in there.

I'm confused as to what you actually do, though. Your title credits introduce you as an "Image Maker". What does that mean? :hmm:

Judging by the first 50 seconds, you're into abstract visuals. Maybe an AEFX guy? But then we start getting more traditional footage. What are you doing here? Directing? Lighting? DoP? Editing?

It all looks really good. I still wouldn't call you, though, 'cos it's not clear what you actually do.

The only thing I'd change is this is your title.

I think he said image maker in the way enviormentalists say they're the voice of the earth. It's like a spiced up way of saying what they do. I don't THINK he meant it literally, he does do (what i assume) cgi and shooting so that could just be his short way of saying that.

Obviously you know what your doing so i don't think you need praise xD But i really liked it, for obvious reasons.

That's a great DP showreel. I wish you were from London, Ontario. I'd come over for a visit.

There's nothing in that showreel that suggests "indie," and I think that's just fantastic. Every shot there looks like a shot from a professional film. My favorite was at 1:38 in the alleyway. I thought I was watching a high budget film with lighting beyond the camera and shadows on the screen.

Great job!! You should move. To London, Ontario.
Aveek

Back