• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Dont Self Distribute Your Movie!

Don't Self Distribute Your Movie! You spent months, or years, to make your movie. Unfortunately without the Hollywood budget, million dollar equipment and A list stars your movie couldn't get studio distribution. The distributors that agreed to distribute your movie wanted so much money and so many fee's that your movie would never be profitable. Or you couldn't get distribution and Amazon is your only choice, which after a lot of hard work, money spent, and time invested is truly disheartening to filmmakers. To make things worse, Amazon gets on average 1,500 independent movies a WEEK. Without a million dollar marketing budget, your movie is sure to get lost. That's where we come in. We have a large distribution network, and will help teach you to market your movie. We do not charge any fee's, and we only get paid when your movie sells. So rest assured, we will work hard to make sure it does.

http://www.dontselfdistributeyourmovie.com

OK - I can't speak for the rest of the board, but I know I'd have a few questions:

1) What is your past experience? What films have you distributed, on what budgets, and with what success?

2) What approach will you use, and what channels? As much info as possible would be good here. Specifically, what you'll bring to the table that an enthusiastic filmmaker couldn't do themselves

3) How much input/work from the filmmaker will you expect or require?

4) What are your criteria for choosing which films you will or won't distribute?

I say leave this thread right here. Let's expose a rebuttal to the thread starter's claims.
First of all what is some website going to do to change the forces of Internet supply and demand? Nothing.
What is some website going to do to change the demise of Blockbuster and Hollywood Video? Nothing.
What is some website going to do to suddenly cause Wal-Mart and Best Buy to start carrying more than just "the hits"? Nothing.

We have a large distribution network, and will help teach you to market your movie.
Who are your distributors? A one-stop? LOL. Talk about getting lost in the shuffle.
Furthermore I can't wait to hear what the magical secret to marketing is!

This sounds so promising that I'm gonna go ahead and manufacture 50,000 DVD's in advance of signing up! LOL

PS: the website looks fabulous!

Last edited:
Back