Don't really have a good title

Didn't know how to title this.

Already learning my partner is only good for his amazon account ( no previous experience or knowledge)
nothing else.

If I'm going to succeed I'm probably going to have to put everything on my back and climb uphill dragging dead weight.

may have to do a gofundme campaign instead of kickstarter.

Would anyone back me and help me create buzz if I did.

A film production and distribution company that donates its profits to charities and individuals who want to start charities ( and angel investing)......I want to start the first/ one of the first ones.

Sounds like a cool idea. Sort of the Newman's Own of movie studios.

Unfortunately I think you're getting way ahead of yourself. Before you can donate your profits to charity, you need to be profitable. Before you can be profitable, you need to build a business. In order for that business to be profitable you'll need to produce and distribute one or more successful films. Before you can do that you'll need to have a decent grasp of both the business and creative sides of the industry.

So the goal is set - but where are you starting from? You haven't really addressed this in all the threads you've posted so far.

What is your current level of experience in both the business and creative sides of things? Have you made any films yet? If so, were you able to get distribution for them? Do you have any experience starting or running a business? Based on that experience, what are your strengths and weaknesses? What areas can you handle yourself, and what areas do you feel you'll be better off partnering with someone else to handle?

I've made films before but they were no budget.
That's how I learned how to do sound, film, camera directing, etc.

I have the films on an old computer ( I used to show friends)
but I have no idea where it is.

I have a createspace account where i once planned to commercialize a film
(probably still will complete that)

found an agency that does tv ads and when I get this business set up i'll start contacting
where ever I want to distribute my films to and introduce the company to whoever necessary.

I probably should put together some sort of presentation...putting it together now.(brainstorming).

Also deciding what i want to do for a radio and internet campaign.

i need a director of photography
and a crew.

I know I'll be co directing in the film. and producing, as soon as I've SECURED funding I'll start planning for auditions.

Back