Does these effects look convincing?

Okay thanks. I already checked out the film riot thing on driving fast, but there solution is to shake the camera to obscure the viewer, and I don't really want to to do that. I'm just not a shaky cam kind of guy. So I was trying to find another way. The low angles will sell it for sure, but if I want a higher and different point of view shot to cut to, that's where it gets tricky.

Jedi Jump for Speed

Just an idea for recreating the same shot you did with the control you want. On the next try, shoot from a similar angle without the bikes going by. Get a couple of pics from google of bikers riding the type bikes you want in the riding position you want (close as you can get as this is just a test.)

Composite in the bikes (in most programs you can roto out the bikes and isolate them as a layer). From there you can animate them from left to right on the screen, build in your motion blur and have more control over there movements. *Do a youtube search on how the jedi jump is done, it's basicaly the same technique...just horizontal*

Do the same thing for the shadow on the ground, draw and cut out a shadow from a still picture and animate to match the bikes.

This will allow you to move the bikes at the desired speed and then keep the clip length as you shot it, or as you cut it afterward. Private message me if you have any questions or want some help.

Okay thanks. I was thinking of getting someone to drive a car we have access to, and driving it in a way that I can do it in the shot I want to, with more camera movement in the shot. Then I would add the VFX afterwards. If that's a good idea.

Okay thanks. I was thinking of getting someone to drive a car we have access to, and driving it in a way that I can do it in the shot I want to, with more camera movement in the shot. Then I would add the VFX afterwards. If that's a good idea.

Yes that is a good approach for sure, getting as much in camera as possible will save you a ton of head ache in post.

Back