does a 7d eos look as good indoors as out?

Depends on how you light the scene.

The 7D is a crop sensor camera so is not as good in low light situations as a full sensor camera such as the Canon 6D.

But still better in low light situations than most cameras before 2009, most 4/3 cameras and the 1/3", 1/2"or 2/3" cameras.

It's indeed depending on lighting.
But also on styling and the skills and talent of the person handling the camera and the director.

If the camera can produce nice outdoor shots, it can produce nice indoor shots. As suggested, it's more down to the quality of the 1) DOP, Director, and Art Director 2) the lighting of the scene 3) what the set actually looks like (an off white wall and dirty carpet is harder to make aesthetically pleasing than, say, a green wall and a wooden floor).

PS.
This question is one of the reasons why a lot of people suggest to make something small first (even just a little scene or just a test): you can test the waters, find problems and solve them before you start shooting your feature.

PS.
This question is one of the reasons why a lot of people suggest to make something small first (even just a little scene or just a test): you can test the waters, find problems and solve them before you start shooting your feature.

these are curiosity questions not concerns .i have indoor specs and out. Just wondering

It looks just as good. The camera doesn't care about indoors or out. You just have to light it.
Indoors with nothing but practical lights... It will look like crap, just light an Arri would, only worse.

I'm thinking that this is THE camera for me. If it's at it's best outdoors then I should be able to take amazing shots of my winter trip to the North Pole. It hear that it's pretty dark there at that time of year, but with with all that space and, and.... outdooriness, noise performance will be awesome I reckon.

Just think about it - there'd be no walls or ceilings to degrade image quality! :) :P

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Back