Documentary

im looking to start a work on a documentary like planning it and was wondering after i write the treatment how do i go about getting the interviews and what is the protocol for asking people for interviews????? i tried documentary.org and i googled it, but i got a few things and should i be off camera asking or on camera asking with someone else filming???? its a lot of questions sorry i got inspired from watching a movie and in looking for the truth i uncovered somethings and want to set the record straight and think it would make a good documentary

im looking to start a work on a documentary like planning it and was wondering after i write the treatment how do i go about getting the interviews and what is the protocol for asking people for interviews????? i tried documentary.org and i googled it, but i got a few things and should i be off camera asking or on camera asking with someone else filming???? its a lot of questions sorry i got inspired from watching a movie and in looking for the truth i uncovered somethings and want to set the record straight and think it would make a good documentary

what is the subject of your documentary..
for interview
its depend if you want to see like news or sports so you can be in to the camera but if you want to make documentary for any particular subject you should take only the person.

but its my thought may more experienced ppl will give you more idea

This really depends on how you are planning on editing the film.

If you would like to infrequently flash to people talking then you want to get just a shot of them, so then you can cut their interview up and put it in at several different points.

If you want to break down the fourth wall on the interview, a la Michael Moore, then you should probably roll two cameras at the same time, one on the subject one on you and then cut the film to show the conversation. Would be good in addition to have a third shooting both of you in the frame. But that requires a few cameras!

Better to just shoot your subject.

Back