• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Do you have to have a degree to be a pro screenwriter???

The English language is ridiculous. There are so many stupid rules that seem to change constantly, depending on the context. Pronunciation of the English language is twice as ridiculous, again because the rules change constantly. Kudos to any non-native speaker who can figure this crazy language out.

LMAO, CF!

I actually enjoy teaching my children what a self-inflicted fouled up language it is we perpetuate through canonization.

Personal faves:
- their, there and they're
- both the letter "c" and "k" (WTF?!), and someone somewhere at some point in history couldn't figure which one to use at any random given moment and thought it best just to use BOTH, but only sometimes, rendering: hack, heck, hick, hock, well hell (redundant "L"s, BTW) why not
fuck
, too.
- speaking of which: to, too & two. But no tu, of course.
- I would personally like to kick the
fucker
that defined the word "of" should be spelled with two letters that have nothing to do with anything. WTH, why not spell "of" with a "a" and an "h", for ass hole, because "u" & "v" would/wood make to/too/two much sense/cents.
- silent letters are for/four
fucking
retards, AZ WEL.

I'll shut up.
I'm just pissing myself off.

(Ya'll try to run a generally PG-13 and under board around here, right?)

Last edited:
Ray, you crack me up :D You're obviously a master of the language and it's great to see it being satirised (English or American English..?) like this. Thanks, big grin on my face :D
Steve

ok but i know that i am going too far with it without showing any of my work yet but the question remains is how does the pay work for a screen play writers just curious is it one time thing or some percentage if so what is the percent ??? there has to be a catch here if there is no degree required cause give anyone some drug give him some pen and paper and he will write a fantastic story you know what i am saying lol it was a bad example...

Don't worry, if you're asking all of these questions, and you don't know well enough to go find the answers out for yourself, then you'll never be a screenwriter. Same with your abuse of language. Won't fly. So you don't ever have to worry about that.

Back