• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DISCHORD - suspense drama (short)

Missed seeing this one on the main board.

Good work, Mike! Sort of a companion piece to the other one Rusty was in? I liked a lot of the high key lighting. The supers in the car of the wife while he was driving were a nice noir throwback. The ending sequence at the keyboard with no dialog was really well done! :)

Missed seeing this one on the main board.

Good work, Mike! Sort of a companion piece to the other one Rusty was in?

Thanks for digging it up, Jeff! It does look like a companion piece to HAPPY HOUR, but not meant to be. I wanted to open in Rusty's apartment, but he and the producer just love meeting up at Torino's (the bar). The owner is very accomodating to filmmakers.

Really enjoyed that! Some lovely camera work there and great performances allround.

Well done, it's a wonderful production.

Thankyou, John! BTW, our required prop was "chopsticks," so I like the tilt down to the back of her head and you see them in her hair.

Hey,
Nice work. How did you guys manage to get a bar and that great home location in 48hrs?

Curious, as I usually have to secure locations for my shoots. I'm always looking for good ideas on how to go about doing that.
thanks
aveek

Thanks, Ray. Our producer, Jimmy, came up with that name.

Nice work. How did you guys manage to get a bar and that great home location in 48hrs?

Curious, as I usually have to secure locations for my shoots. I'm always looking for good ideas on how to go about doing that.

Our actor, Rusty, has a networking party once a month at that bar, so he knows the owner. They are really flexible, as long as we shoot in the early day hours, when hardly any customers are there.

The house belongs to our team producer, Jimmy. It's up on Sunrise mountain and that view of the Las Vegas downtown is right out of his window.

I've participated in 48 Hour a few times. I don't really worry about locations, until I get the required genre and elements on Friday. I don't really have connections to public locations, but sometimes someone on the team has access to a bar, school, restaurant. It's just a matter of being ready to roll with what you have available, at the time. At the very least, I know that I've got access to my house, shooting in a vehicle, or out in the desert.

Back