• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Disarmed super8 short

Our short super8 film Disarmed is now online to be viewed. It's still a work-in-progress. Our composer will be working on the music score shortly and I'm still working on compression, sharpness levels, and other small details. Take a look and tell me what you think.

It's kind of an "artsy" film, so it may not be everyone's cup of tea. This is our fourth film but our first real effort.

http://astralpictures.com/movies/disarmed6.wmv

Sound?

It definitely needs some sound (It could have some, my Windows Media Player tends to suck). Very interesting visuals. I like the look of 8mm film. It's so bad it's good.

Poke

I LOVE SUPER 8

I dig super 8 any chance I can see it.

I think this was pretty good. I can't wait to hear the final score, that will seal the deal.

Did you use one of www.moviestuff.tv 's transfer machines?

How did you get the film to video? I always use a RANK now with www.thetransferstaion.com because they do spectacular work.

Re: I LOVE SUPER 8

sonnyboo said:
I dig super 8 any chance I can see it.

I think this was pretty good. I can't wait to hear the final score, that will seal the deal.

Did you use one of www.moviestuff.tv 's transfer machines?

How did you get the film to video? I always use a RANK now with www.thetransferstaion.com because they do spectacular work.

Thanks Sonny.

I actually had the film transfered to video at Pac Labs Inc. in NYC. I emailed the moviestuff guy, but he never got back to me. Pac Labs did a pretty good job though.

PAC

I had no idea they had a Super 8 gate for their Rank, or did they just do the screen and camcorder job?

Either way it looks great.

Back