• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Directed This Music Video (with screenshots) - Feedback is Appreciated!

Shot on RED Scarlet Dragon in a few locations in New Jersey. Any questions, feel free to ask!

VIDEO: One Hundred Thousand - "Low"

TFSxzJ1l.png

NuCkQPhl.png

nA3VEXll.png

qXaA5q0l.png

WHtDStql.png

It's a cool video. I saw a thread yesterday where someone said they did the treatment for it. Was this your first time with a scarlet? How did you find shooting with it and what lenses were you using?

It's a cool video. I saw a thread yesterday where someone said they did the treatment for it. Was this your first time with a scarlet? How did you find shooting with it and what lenses were you using?

Thanks so much!

Ha that's interesting, maybe that treatment was for a different video. Could you link me?

This actually was my first time with a Scarlet, since the DP owned a Scarlet Dragon. I used an Epic twice, so going down to the upgraded Dragon wasn't too bad. Only inconvenience I bumped into was not being able to go as high in frame rate for the slow-mo stuff as the Epic can. We rented a second (stock) Scarlet as the B-cam on the performance coverage, so we let the Dragon do the slow-mo and closeups.

Was a mix of frame rates and resolutions, and luckily Premiere handled it alright. Davinci, on the other hand, didn't like the motley resolutions, so I had to change my sequence to 2K and resize before finishing the grade.

As far as lenses, I think we used a set of Canons. If I do another music video, I'd like to go with anamorphic.

That rocked. Didn't understand the VFX but otherwise, rocking band and rocking vid.

Thank you so much!

Nice song, looks good, but storywise a bit too vague (and a little too sparse for poetic interpretation).

Thanks!

Looking back, I wish I added some more story element. Especially in the end, but I was so tied to some of the performance shots that I was fearing I'd lose the energy by taking some away.

Back