• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Difference between CreateSpace and Amazon VOD?

I've never actually bought a title through these services. What is the difference between Amazon video on demand and Create Space? Does one give you a .ISO file to burn your own DVD? Does the other let you watch a quicktime movie on your computer kind of the same way that with Kindle you can read a book but can't save it to your computer?

Do either or both load up like a DVD with a short introduction and then you select what to do next (ex- watch movie, watch trailer, see special features section)?

I thought Amazon owned CreateSpace.

I also thought that CreateSpace was for self-publishing physical copies whilst Amazon VOD is a Netflix style streaming service?

Originally posted by Jax_rox:
I thought Amazon owned CreateSpace.

I also thought that CreateSpace was for self-publishing physical copies whilst Amazon VOD is a Netflix style streaming service?

I agree - I have my feature (Surviving Family) on Amazon VOD, as well as on Amazon Prime, which is a sub-set of Amazon VOD.

You would provide Createspace with an ISO file of your film. Createspace uses this to create DVDs for sale, and/or the file for Amazon's download purchase/rental. You can submit your film to createspace/Amazon for free. Their acceptance rate is 100%. You do not need to pay distribber to do this for you.

You would provide Createspace with an ISO file of your film. Createspace uses this to create DVDs for sale, and/or the file for Amazon's download purchase/rental. You can submit your film to createspace/Amazon for free. Their acceptance rate is 100%. You do not need to pay distribber to do this for you.
The problem is I have a special features section that has audio. I have 10 audio tracks. They told me that I need 1, 2, 4, 6, or 8 audio channels.

So Create Space doesn't just give people a video of the movie with one stereo track? Customers have to actually burn their own DVD?

Back