• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Dichotomy" 50D Magic Lantern RAW short film

After being pointlessly confronted, a quiet mechanic must contend with his darker, more sinister self.

WATCH IT HERE: http://vimeo.com/76247796

Shot on the Canon 50D with a Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens
RAW with Magic Lantern RAW

Thoughts on RAW? There is quite a dichotomy between shooting in RAW and compressed video. RAW Video from the 50D is the closest to shooting on film. It beautiful and very flexible. I approached this film wrong - I should have trusted ETTR, as it showed my subjects underexposed. Just not used to the latitude that RAW provides.

Have a watch and let me know what you think.

the use of the bokeh effect was overused and irritating.

its nice for some shots, not all the way through.

story was quick and effective, I liked the mirror shot the most.

the audio wasnt the greatest difficult to hear things clearly sometimes.

I like the poster, hate the font.

acting was ok apart from the spanner hitting which looked a bit fake and pansy-ish.

I cant comment on the colouring coz the constant bokeh was just irritating my eyes.

be good to see some more stuff from you.

Nice work overall, but there were a few things that I wasn't fond of.

The reveal of the character's insanity could have been more subtle, some foley in a few of the scenes would have created a much more tense and realistic vibe, and sometimes the shallow depth of field seemed a bit overboard, but overall it was an interesting and suspenseful little short.

Back