• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

website Detours: "The 5Ws and How" column

mlesemann

Staff Member
A recent thread on the challenges of micro-budget filmmaking included a discussion of the importance & difficulty of marketing the movies once we make them. I am NOT good at this, but I always work at it - and it's the primary reason why I remain active on social media.

An on-line interview that I did a few months ago about my movie Detours was published today. I connected with the writer/publisher of My Hollywood Dream on Twitter, and he asked if I'd like to have my movie featured on their site. Of course I said yes, and today I'm sharing it in as many places as I can :) I hope everyone finds it interesting.

The 5 Ws and How: Detours

I"m reading it now..

Done. Wow! That was really cool.

I haven't seen the movie yet and I know this is off subject but you have a movie that has some traveling scenes. Did you have to get permission if there was a Mcdonalds in the background or a Kinko copy center, or did you avoid those situations?

Last edited:
Did you have to get permission if there was a Mcdonalds in the background or a Kinko copy center, or did you avoid those situations?
Our (very experienced) production attorney assured me that it wasn't an issue to show them incidentally because there was no implied endorsement and they're being used as intended. But we DID do things like turn around labels in bar scenes 'cause that's easy enough and it avoids accidentally highlighting one over another.

OK. Detours is on my schedule for 6pm. That's in 1 hours.
First I have to run to the store for snacks
icon_eat.gif

then come home and set the room up just right. I'm so excited!!
icon_bnb.gif

Back