• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch ...deleted... (Short)

Howdy!
So this is my entry to the Lumiere Film Fest. This is what happens when two broadcast journalism majors, an engineering major, and a medical student, all MATRIX junkies get together. It has issues but it had to be finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqkraHc0jc

Filmed on a Panasonic AG-HMC150P, studio configuration. 1080/24P. Edited on Final Cut, and Motion.

Any constructive criticism is appreciated. I know it has issues but because of procrastination and HALO I made it in under a week...

HOLY BISCUITS I thought you had gotten Betty White to do VO before she answered the door.

I liked it. Certainly looks like you guys are new at the film deal but it's still quite good. Might I recommend investing in After Effects...especially if you continue to stick with a Sci-Fi theme.

I do have to say that the
"bleeped" portions felt like they were bleeped in editing for the purpose of protecting younger viewers and probably not what you had intended. I'm thinking glitches in the "matrix" right?

Other than that I liked the premise, the story and the approach. The voiceover was well done and fit with the idea.

Good job overall, I think.

"under a week" is that all? You wanna hurt that poor old lady's feelings? FINISH THE FILM MAGGOT!

haha, I'm just joking around, that was actually pretty decent.

Here's the thing. I'm a technical director for a News Broadcast Team. I'm a great tech director and hold two Golds, and rank ten in the nation. That's broadcast news. I'm no film-maker, so I thought it was pretty good. Thanks for the comments! They make me feel better about the creative side of me. So now when I have time off I won't just play minecraft. Now about after effects...
I HATE IT! (no offense)
We have it at the studio but I don't touch it. This guy named Max uses is too make 3D titles n' such. Now that's the final edit, so... I had to cut things out. Now to the bleeping it was supposed to be a glitch, but the sound I used was better after two advisors said it sounded like a cuss word, when it was "Porcupine." But yeah. I'm not a film guy... Haha. Thanks for the kind comments and constructive criticism! :)

Back