defining "feature length"

Again, I am not dictating what other people do, but only the rules for my own endeavors. As I already stated, I have seen some 20-30 minute shorts that I think are amazing. Personally, I would not put that much money and time into a short as I would rather go for a feature length film of at least 75 minutes running time. I don't see anything wrong with other people making whatever movie they want at whatever run time they want. Some stories are only 20-30 minutes long. I just don't want to tell one of those myself.

To each his own and it was not meant as an offense at anyone else.

Again, I am not dictating what other people do, but only the rules for my own endeavors. As I already stated, I have seen some 20-30 minute shorts that I think are amazing. Personally, I would not put that much money and time into a short as I would rather go for a feature length film of at least 75 minutes running time. I don't see anything wrong with other people making whatever movie they want at whatever run time they want. Some stories are only 20-30 minutes long. I just don't want to tell one of those myself.

To each his own and it was not meant as an offense at anyone else.

None taken sir. Just expllaining why I made the choice I did. I wanted to do a true narrative, and the one I chose needed that much time. it could have used more, but I didn't have the money for that.

None taken sir. Just expllaining why I made the choice I did. I wanted to do a true narrative, and the one I chose needed that much time. it could have used more, but I didn't have the money for that.

Hey, hey, we all get along here! Comeon, I'll buy everyone a round!

Ummmm...could someone lend me some money?:blush:

I think it's important to, as Gonzo said, make sure your film is as long as it needs, but don't go cramming a 45 length film into 15 min, and don't make a 15 min short stretch to 45 because one wants it to be a feature.

As Sonnyboo said, to each their own. Now If' you'll excuse me I'm going to go stretch Delivery Day into a 3 hour epic....;)

Back