• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Darkwood < New Short

Hey guys just wanted to release DARKWOOD, it's 22 minutes long with a very interesting story! Also, SCARLET'S WITCH is to be released next week.

darkie.jpg

DARKWOOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVB8KDc53Gw < FULL FILM 22MIN

Also,
the main channel for all other films.
http://www.youtube.com/fcrabbath

Hope you all enjoy it.
Comments of course are always welcome!
- Fred

It was pretty good. I'm not into the bourne identity shaky camera thing that everyone likes these days. Also I thought there was too much music.

Good camera work, but it was far from original.

This was well executed, but nothing all that special. I'll break it down as I do with all films on here. Scores are based both on originality and technical execution.

DIRECTION- 5.5/10
SOUND MIXING- 8.5/10
CINEMATOGRAPHY- 6.5/10
EDITING- 8/10
STORY/CONCEPT- 6.5/10

Good effort, keep them coming.

Last edited:
Good camera work, but it was far from original.

This was well executed, but nothing all that special. I'll break it down as I do with all films on here. Scores are based both on originality and technical execution.

DIRECTION- 5.5/10
SOUND MIXING- 8.5/10
CINEMATOGRAPHY- 6.5/10
EDITING- 8/10
STORY/CONCEPT- 6.5/10

Good effort, keep them coming.

I really wouldn't call it "far from original."

I thought it was great, good work man. I do agree that the shaky camera could use a little bit of work in some places, though.

I really wouldn't call it "far from original."

I thought it was great, good work man. I do agree that the shaky camera could use a little bit of work in some places, though.

Perhaps not far from original in terms of story. But in execution, this is basically like every other film/television show of the genre.

Well thank you for your opinion. Feel free to check out my other thread..

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=17057
Doesn't seem to be getting any attention yet a bigger project than darkwood.

I watched the film again. Let me say, I enjoyed it far more. The execution was very good, as I stated. I think I realize that my problem with it is just the way its shot. Simply because this style has become so routine lately. But the direction, for what it is, is quite well done.
Also, this time I wasn't really looking at it from the technical side. I just watched it as a movie, and that made a big difference. Not only did I watch it as a "movie", but I DIDN'T watch it as a "film".
I think I was watching it the first time as something that had to be very deep and what not, and less as an entertainment. I've been so into the whole "No Country, There Will Be Blood" mode lately, that I forget there are other sides to cinema!

For your composer did you have him or her record their own music with their own equipment?
The quality of sound I gotta say is exceptionally good. I don't know what you did during post production but it's really really nice sound.
How did you get the music and audio of each person to sound very crisp and separate from the background noise?

Back