• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Darkly Perverse Short Film “Charades"

michael_konway_amanda_brown-450x252.jpg

Film Title: Charades
Director: Shiraz Jafri
Director of Photography: Mike Washlesky
Cast: Jett Garner, Amanda Brown, Mike Konway, Jenny Simpson

SHORTFILMTEXAS (SFT): What is your short film “Charades” about?
SHIRAZ JAFRI (SJ): A comedy about two couples playing an innocent game of charades that goes, horribly, horribly, awry. I would say more but it would ruin the experience of watching the short.

SFT: What did you learn from making this short film?
SJ: I know a lot of people say this but it’s very true, hire people that know more than you behind the camera. In front of the camera, get the best cast you possibly can, don’t settle. Both of these things are essential. I was lucky to work with an amazing cast of actors whomade the material work and behind the camera my crew was equally talented. As a result, this was the easiest, loosest, shoot I have ever had. Furthermore, in post production, this was the first time I wasn’t wishing I had got this shot, or had an extra take, or this piece of coverage, I had everything I needed. Neither of these things would have happened without the talents of everybody I worked with. So pick your crew and cast with equal amounts of care and consideration.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH SHORT FILM

Back