Dario Argento- any fans?

I just picked up the UK reissue/restoration of "Inferno" on DVD (should have got it on Bluray but didnt know it existed) and have to say that the rework has done the film the world of good, from film, to extras, to additional materials in the box, Arrow Video have put together a great package.

Just wondering if there are any other Argento fans out there, what are your favourites and any recommendations for those who havent seen much of his work?

A place to discuss the great horror/thriller director! The majority of his work has been restored and rereleased in the UK so theres no excuse!

Huge Argento fan here! Goblin's score to Susperia is one of the reasons I started doing film music! Phenomenon (Creepers here in the states) was one of the videos I rewatched most during high school. He is THE standard for color in horror movies and painting with light. Beautiful violence.

As far as recommendations, well, all of his films are worth watching at least once, but if you haven't seen Susperia, Deep Red and Opera, you owe it to yourself to chase them down. Inferno might actually be my favorite, but you've obviously seen that one ;)

Yeah man some of the shots in Inferno are so technical, for the time and the budget its crazy that he pulled it off.

Ive yet to see Phenomena, I actually went with the intention of buying it today as the reissue comes with a commentary track from Argento apparently, which I would love to hear. The Susperia soundtrack was so ahead of its time, love the way you can see the ripples in the water it left in the decades to come, I love Romero's slant on the fast paced synth in Day of the Dead.

I still need to see Giallo too, gah!!

Back