• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Curb Your Enthusiasm 'script'

Anyone know if it's possible to get a hold of a 'script' for Curb Your Enthusiasm. I know the shows are not written in a traditional script format - they're written more as a 4-5 page scenario. This is what I'm looking for.

That would be an interesting competition. However, I'm looking out of my own curiousity, as a fan.... and interested to see how that kind of a show is written. Does one simply use the scenario that would be a precurser to the 'dialogue' script as the shooting script? Or is there another format that would make shooting the show easier? Just wondering, that's all.

I can't help you with how they do it, but I know that Mike Leigh uses a "non script" based method, where what he has is an understanding of who the characters are and what's happening in the story, but he then workshops the performances with the actors.

I think you'll find he uses the same kind of outline that a screenwriter would use to plot their film.

It's a sort of structed beat sheet.

Does this help?

Back