Crowd-funding for Short Film (Low Goal!!)

Just trying to promote the campaign for my short film which as of yet does not have a title.....
Check it out on indiegogo:
http://www.indiegogo.com/forest-story/x/1808618

I've been reading a lot of articles lately about crowd funding on here and other sites.
Right now, I know my campaign might look a little like nothing is going to happen and I'm only doing it to get free monies for better equipment and whatnot, but the idea is that I don't NEED any more money (almost any movie can be made with no budget) but the money helps it become a little more professional. I outline some more specific things in the campaign itself which I encourage everyone to check out, and also if you can't contribute remember to at least share it on facebook/twitter/whatever.

It would mean a lot!

I'm really focusing on this short film being my 'real' first short film. I've made a few others that are decent for first tries and for the resources that went into them...but I'm never totally happy with the outcome.

This story is one where the script, I think, is much stronger than my previous shorts and is a lot less boring than my other videos.

Anyway, this is just becoming ranting now......
If anyone has any questions, please ask away!!

Thanks again!

Good luck with your project! Just started one of my own (if we can trade links) and it is seriously nerve-wracking. I also opted for Kickstarter, so that adds to the tension:

http://kck.st/QquMj0

I wanted to ask you--why did you choose not to use your "prologue" video as the main video on your campaign? When I clicked on the Home video and saw it was 23 minutes I was sort of like "Do I really want to invest this much time in a video that is only semi-related to this project?" But then I clicked on the link to the 5-minute short that is actually related to this campaign, and I loved it! I wanted to see more. That's what would make me fund your project.

I wanted to ask you--why did you choose not to use your "prologue" video as the main video on your campaign? When I clicked on the Home video and saw it was 23 minutes I was sort of like "Do I really want to invest this much time in a video that is only semi-related to this project?" But then I clicked on the link to the 5-minute short that is actually related to this campaign, and I loved it! I wanted to see more. That's what would make me fund your project.

Yeah, I can see what you're saying and I was afraid of that, but I guess I feel like the 20 minute short film showed off more of what I was capable of than the Breathe Again short. Breathe Again was actually really simple in terms of cinematography and editing that it feels pretty basic to me.

But you're probably right. Actually I'm going to make a short video that will be like a mini-compilation of sorts showing off different clips from previous work and maybe even outlining some goals for the campaign, but until then I will probably put up the Breathe Again short.

Thanks a lot!!

Yeah, a demo reel of sorts does seem like the best option if you want to show off both the story and the extent of your skills, but you don't have one existing video that does both.

Let us know when it's up!

Back