• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch critique on my updated reel please

Hey guys, updated my demo reel last night with some of the newer stuff I've been doing.
Let me know what you think, I'm using this on my website and for promotional purposes.

It's mostly music videos and three narratives. Should I be using the "director, cinematographer, editor" tag, or would something else be more all-encompassing of those three?

check it out here

thanks! :cool:

Hey guys, updated my demo reel last night with some of the newer stuff I've been doing.
Let me know what you think, I'm using this on my website and for promotional purposes.

It's mostly music videos and three narratives. Should I be using the "director, cinematographer, editor" tag, or would something else be more all-encompassing of those three?

check it out here

Looks good. Director, cinematographer and editor sounds good to me.

Your reel is a step up and an improvement on your previous stuff. But it's always the way - we're always improving!

check it out here

Hey, the shots were amazing, however, it looks more like a straight "Cinematography Reel." Didn't really see any scenes with dialogue, which I generally see in Director's Reels. Maybe you should put some bits of scenes you've directed in there.

Also, being that this also triples as an "Editor's Reel" I would like to see the dialogue/acted scenes you've edited to get a feel for how you edited acted scenes.

Last edited:
Looks good! Your talent and skills show thru!

The note I have is that perhaps you should shorten it to just under 2 minutes. I can tell the edit was tight but make it a little bit tighter. You are going to get more people clicking on your vid if it is 1:59 than 2:00. Then, when someone is interested, they will follow through and watch your other, longer, vids/films.

Liked, commented and followed you on vimeo, btw.

Looks good! Your talent and skills show thru!

The note I have is that perhaps you should shorten it to just under 2 minutes. I can tell the edit was tight but make it a little bit tighter. You are going to get more people clicking on your vid if it is 1:59 than 2:00. Then, when someone is interested, they will follow through and watch your other, longer, vids/films.

Liked, commented and followed you on vimeo, btw.

Thank you Ernest! I much appreciate your valuable feedback, in addition to the like, comment and follow! also followed :D

Hey, the shots were amazing, however, it looks more like a straight "Cinematography Reel." Didn't really see any scenes with dialogue, which I generally see in Director's Reels. Maybe you should put some bits of scenes you've directed in there.

Also, being that this also triples as an "Editor's Reel" I would like to see the dialogue/acted scenes you've edited to get a feel for how you edited acted scenes.

Thanks for the feedback. I see how this could purely be a cinematography reel. Currently I'm still in the "indie" phase; everything on the reel was shot with a 6D, 550D, canon40mm, canon28-135mm, Tamron10-24 and a canon kit 18-55mm. Recently I was fortunate enough to get my company associated with a local production agency. We are slowly but surely becoming their live music and music video division of the company, which has proven to be quite lucrative.

Last edited:
Back