• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Critique on my latest video !!!! Best as an amateur

I really like the colors and variety of shots and the fast pace. It reminds me of something you would see playing on screen in a club. Good Job!

just thought id post again on here what i did for your post in scorers thread..

"this was DOP.E!! <- double expression if you get it

I have nothing to say apart from i dislike videos where people stand to the camera, i prefer story lines with something going on.

but seriously I thought this was very artistic and had me interested at all times, if something was out of place i didnt care to notice it.

on an interesting note, it for some reason reminded me of the pink elephant scene in DUMBO. (which is my favourite part of the whole film)

how many vids have you shot before this one?

My rating:

story 3/10 <- a story would have added more to it for me (personal preference)
video 8/10
overall i would say 7/10

again what did you shoot it on? "

just thought id post again on here what i did for your post in scorers thread..

"this was DOP.E!! <- double expression if you get it

I have nothing to say apart from i dislike videos where people stand to the camera, i prefer story lines with something going on.

but seriously I thought this was very artistic and had me interested at all times, if something was out of place i didnt care to notice it.

on an interesting note, it for some reason reminded me of the pink elephant scene in DUMBO. (which is my favourite part of the whole film)

how many vids have you shot before this one?

My rating:

story 3/10 <- a story would have added more to it for me (personal preference)
video 8/10
overall i would say 7/10

again what did you shoot it on? "

this is my 4th music video i believe, i shoot with a cannon t3i /edited fcpx and thank you !! i really appreciate it !!!!

I can't really say much about the actually quality of filmmaking as its all completely covered in flash.
Regardless, your editing looks really great, you did a very fine job with it for sure. I was really impressed.

That being said, you have a thread here dedicated to your video, don't come onto my thread advertising it :/

I can't really say much about the actually quality of filmmaking as its all completely covered in flash.
Regardless, your editing looks really great, you did a very fine job with it for sure. I was really impressed.

That being said, you have a thread here dedicated to your video, don't come onto my thread advertising it :/

Lol sorry bro , im new to the site didnt know how to start my own but i figured it out ! and thank you for the feedback

I saw your other videos, I didnt think they were anywhere near good as this one, they seemed a bit childish if you dont mind me saying, this one felt like a video youd expect to see in the charts, it almost outdone the rapper herself i would dare say..

It's a little too slow-paced for my tastes. I think you could ratch it up a notch.

Just kidding! This video is pretty sweet. I like it.

I'll be completely honest, though -- I think I would've liked it more, if I had first treated my glaucoma. ;)

I saw your other videos, I didnt think they were anywhere near good as this one, they seemed a bit childish if you dont mind me saying, this one felt like a video youd expect to see in the charts, it almost outdone the rapper herself i would dare say..
Can u explain more by childish ?
But thank you again really appreciate it , I was trying to find my niche n I found it after 4 videos lol

Can u explain more by childish ?
But thank you again really appreciate it , I was trying to find my niche n I found it after 4 videos lol

Basically if I was a client, had you shown me the other videos, they looked like friends just got together and made some music vids, they didn't feel professional, the last one is in its own league and the only one I would show a new client professionally.

But saying that you've shown you can be different, I wouldn't say youv found your niche because it's only one video, but do a next one, see if you can keep it up, the key thing you did here was experiment and that is what made this a great video IMO

Basically if I was a client, had you shown me the other videos, they looked like friends just got together and made some music vids, they didn't feel professional, the last one is in its own league and the only one I would show a new client professionally.

But saying that you've shown you can be different, I wouldn't say youv found your niche because it's only one video, but do a next one, see if you can keep it up, the key thing you did here was experiment and that is what made this a great video IMO

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?! There is absolutely nothing immature about McPhilm's earlier videos.

McPhilm (I hope you don't mind the nick-name shortening, we do that around here :)), all of your videos have a raw, kinetic energy that just splashes off of the screen. They are immensely better than the majority of videos being made by no-budget folks like you and me, including those who seem to want to cut you down (not mentioning anybody in specific, *wink, *wink).

Since you seem to be eager to get constructive critiques, I'll mention a couple generalizations I've made, after watching all of your vimeo videos, and this is strictly from one peer to another.

I'm not a big fan of the muted coloring. Yeah, I know that everyone is desaturating. I guess we've decided that this is "cinematic". I've definitely done this myself, but lately I've decided to buck the trend and just rock-out with real color! Regardless, I think you went too far with some of your desaturation. And I think that the more you dull the color, the more you need to up the contrast, but you can only crush your blacks too much.

But I'm definitely a rookie when it comes to coloring, so don't take this as expert advice, just one dude to another.

It's obvious that your strength is in editing. You've got the magic touch, no question about it! That's a great thing, but I think you might be leaning on it too much, as a crutch.

Your videos could use more content. The energy is great, you're keeping it lively, but there's only so much splish-splash visuals I can take, before I wanna move on to something else. Which, by the way, is what I was hinting at, in my first comment. If I had been high as shit, I'm pretty sure I would've LOVED the video you posted here. But since I was watching it sober, mmm, it kinda got boring towards the end. It's REALLY well done, but the entire concept seems to be TRIPPY-SHIT, and that's great, but unless you're tripping, it gets old.

Anyway, I really like what you're doing. I think you're tremendously better at this than most people I know, both in real life and in the virtual world. Keep at it and keep posting your videos here. :D

I didn't find your other videos "more childish". I more so saw improvement in each video, this one being your most impressive. And I mean most impressive. It blows the others out of the water.

What I can say about your earlier videos (mainly the Dead Presidents one) is that the openings are too long and there is some ugly DSLR "jello image". And sometimes the grading isn't the most appealing.

In this video, I think there needs to be something else. Some type of story or strange character. After a while, the visual "pop!" wore off. I think a strong ending would have helped as well.

I think you've developed a visual style and signature look. Wes Anderson has that quirky, symmetrical, colorful look. JJ Abrams has... lens flares... :lol:

Like CF said, you have a colorful, raw kinetic energy that splashes off the screen.

Anyway, nice job. I hope to see more in the future :cool:

THANK YOU

I do agree with most of you guy's criticism as I look at my old films now , color grading isn't my specialty and Do need to work on it , yes I do love editing more than shooting and it stand out to the professionals , Im trying to work on all weaknesses and I'm glad you guys pointed them out because It motivated me to work harder on them, my next projects (music video )will be more aimed in the trippy feeling , but a commercial I'm shooting will not , when they are finished I will post both , THANK YOU ALL AGAIN I REALLY APPRECIATE IT !!!!

I do agree with most of you guy's criticism as I look at my old films now , color grading isn't my specialty and Do need to work on it , yes I do love editing more than shooting and it stand out to the professionals , Im trying to work on all weaknesses and I'm glad you guys pointed them out because It motivated me to work harder on them, my next projects (music video )will be more aimed in the trippy feeling , but a commercial I'm shooting will not , when they are finished I will post both , THANK YOU ALL AGAIN I REALLY APPRECIATE IT !!!!

keep up the good work :) remember keep the bar high.

I thought that was awesome! Great job- maybe not for something professional- but I can see you doing music videos for local artists and stuff!

Back