Cringe-worthy Dialogue in films

What dialogue have you heard in feature films that makes you to this day hit the mute button when rewatching a film.

I'm gonna go easy and say Natalie Portman in the Star Wars prequels. I know, too easy, there are a lot of choices, but her "You're breaking my heart. You are going places I can't go" stuff from the climatic scene before the Anakin/Obi-wan duel....wow. I hit the mute when her scenes come up.

Guy has just single handedly wiped out an entire group of the trade federation, Jedi, Jedi Younglings and gone totally to the Dark Side, and he's "breaking her heart"? :rolleyes:

Ahem-

Any other nominations?

Bad dialogue is the Director's, the scriptwriter's, the actor's AND the editor's fault. I'm always surprised at how bad film dialogue can be. Thank God for David Mamet.

Bad dialogue is the Director's, the scriptwriter's, the actor's AND the editor's fault. I'm always surprised at how bad film dialogue can be. Thank God for David Mamet.

I performed in a theatre production of Mamet's "Revenge Of The Space Pandas"-I kid you not. It was a community theatre production, a kids play about a girl, a goat and a scientist who fly off to a planet run by Pandas.

I played an old, out of work movie actor who actually helps save the day (forget the character's name)

Back