• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Credit roll software needed

My apology if someone posted something similar... I could not find anything searching this forum.

I need a NON-Plugin credit roll creater. Not a title maker...just a simple end credit roll software.

I've been using Video-tagger from Electric Happiness but they no longer have a website. It's not an easy to use program but it works. The reason I need another one, this program don't do the separation in the middle:

Character name....Actor's Name

I'd have to adjust each line to make that work, unless I missed something?
Anyway, am ready to buy something a bit better than this program.
Thanks

Thanks man!
I'll check it out.
In Edius-5 I can do scrolling in Title-pro but it don't work with the E-6

Still, am interested in a stand alone program :)

Hmm, my bad. I thought I saw that you were working in 6. My intuition tells me that 5 would have it as well, but I don't know. That would just be weird, if they didn't.

I can't imagine any stand-alone software existing, only because it's such a common tool that is kinda standard in any quality NLE software. I'd be willing to bet that even the software that comes free with your computer (iMovie or Movie Maker) probably is able to do the trick.

If you don't feel like messin' with it, you could probably get someone to do it on fiverr for five bucks. Heck, I'm tempted. http://fiverr.com/

Heheh

Yeah, E-5 has a half-ass form where you can have scrolling credit but it's sooooo bad, because if you make one small correction in the tex, the whole thing is scrambled. You can't see the codes and that's the reason.

Actually Video Tagger was superb but those guys no longer have a website and can't be registered. It's worth while to download and play with it but the nag-logo is embedded and can't get rid of it.

What Edius version you have?
We have seven machines runinng (out of ten) Edius-6.5 and still kept one of the E-5 just for that purpose. The Titler-Pro don't work in E-6 which is kind of stupid. It was a good software.

I may have to hire someone to write one for us.
Just blows me away no one has written something like this. There is a need for a stand-alone software doesn't involve AE.

Last edited:
Dude!
You're too kind and I really don't want to take advantage of your generosity :)
The credit is quite long... it's a stage play and may require considerable time to input the text.

However, if it's possible to generate a list for you in PDF or RTF or whatever format that you can just copy/paste into the program?
Would you able to set different fonts as well?
I can send you the fonts too.

Back