• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Creating the illusion of more people.

I've got a shoot coming up this Tuesday, it's basically a 50's style horror B-movie trailer that will play between features at a horror festival coming up this fall here in Chicago. The concept is our 'monster'(The Man Without a Face) shows up at a party and terrorizes everyone/their faces start melting off, etc.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any tips for making it seem like we've got more 'guests' at the party than we actually do. We've just got four people for it, but luckily at least the space is pretty small. My thoughts so far are to keep some of the shots pretty tight and with a fair amount of movement. Obviously we need some wide/master angles so it doesn't get too claustrophobic, but any tips/ideas/advice to make it feel like more people would be awesome.

Thanks!

Here's the final product that played at the Patio Theatre's 24-hour horror fest last Saturday night.

It was a 'contest' decided by audience applause. The thousand-seat theater was packed. We lost to a hilarious trailer from a local professional improv group, but fun was had all around. :)

If you've got a spare 40 seconds, please check it out. I'd love any feedback, good or bad. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFe-F_B5mvE

Back