• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Could use some feedback on fantasy/mystery romance screenplay!

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words.

I would really appreciate it also, if someone could read it all the way through and give me constructive criticism.

Thanks.

I like the idea of two people waking in a locked room with no memory; this premise almost certainly creates an excellent dramatic situation.

My suggestion would be to choose carefully when your characters share in a laugh because I felt the characters A.) laughed too much and B.) when the situation did not permit a laugh.

Arielle has a very sporadic time with her wound which didn't make much sense to me. Perhaps they manage to control her bleeding but when they decide to dance; this reopens the wound and causes here to bleed once again.

I felt the journal was unnecessary. Perhaps Will is sitting by himself and repeating the word enemy instead of writing it.

Also if I was in Will's situation I would have inventoried the bag in the beginning and maybe that could be a scene either he does by himself or with Arielle.

The ending was very blunt in getting the point across and I think it makes the story a little weak. I would suggest rewriting the end.

Overall the premise is interesting and a good idea for a story but needs a lot of work. Kudos to you for writing though, I know how tough it is to sit in front of that foreboding blank page. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your criticism.

For the ending, which exact part are you talking about? I do agree that it is blunt, but I want to make sure we are thinking about the same part.

Back