Could everyone cross their fingers

Quick update. Things moving forwards, this may take a while to sort out. Complex story behind it, but in the main positive result all round.

I'm rushed off my feet here all of a sudden. Hence Hemmingway like short sentences.

Aha ... I've stopped moving.

Right ... proper update. Producer was looking to fill slate and shoot trailers to persuade investors on board, but when we looked at his production budgets for the trailers we both agreed that he couldn't shoot mine. It uses overseas loactions, firearms and fairly big set pieces ... so that wasn't going to fly on a small production budget.

Anyhow, he loves the script .. so we're talking. Where it will lead in the long run I don't know, but either way I'm now going back to the script - looking at reformatting it and changing it to better suit American production companies.

So, not overnight sucess and a whirlwind into production, but instead at least I know that the both the logline, the story and the script are on the right track; I've got an interested producer, but I'm not tied down to a deal and all of this has reenthused me for the script. I even considered pulling the sale and producing it myself - the thing that stops me is that I've got another film I want to direct more and this script was all about getting an understanding of the spec script market, which it certainly is achieving.

Trade

I will cross my fingers if you cross your fingers so I can get accepted to the Air Force reserves so I can work on my films ;)

"consider them crossed"

Back