Copyright Question - Rocky Music

I made a fight scene test with two friends, but its only on vimeo for now. I don't want to upload it to Youtube unless if I'm sure I don't have any copyright issues. I used rocky music. Here is the video on vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/20670780

I applied for the partner program on Youtube, so I want to be clear about copyright issues. If I can't use those two songs, can you guys recommend something that matches with what I did, but is royal free. I would really appreciate any help.

YouTube has ENDLESS stuff that is illegally posted (copyright infringement). What's the worst that can happen? There's a snowball's chance in hell that Frank Stallone will stumble upon your video and then probably could care less, otherwise he'll notify YouTube and then they'll remove it and warn you. Get too many warnings and YouTube will close your "account", then you just sign up for another account.

You definitely cannot legally use that music. A million different people have used copyright-protected music and images on youtube, and gotten away with it (like me). But you want to be part of this "partner program" -- I don't know what that is, but if it requires that you keep things on the up-and-up, this video you've made is not legal.

I'll bet you would really like videocopilot's Pro Scores. Yeah, it's $100, but it's pretty sweet.

http://www.videocopilot.net/products/proscores/

You can find royalty-free stuff that is free of charge, but most of it is pretty whack. The good stuff you gotta pay for. You can just google "royalty free _______" and fill in the blank for whatever type of music you're looking for. Myspace can be a good resource. It takes time, and lots of searching to find what you want, and some of the artists won't answer your requests. But a lot of artists on myspace want you to use their music.

Blade, when you apply for a youtube partnership (where you can make money from your channel), your channel is heavily scrutinized and if they find anything but original content you will be rejected. They also look at the amount of subscribers and views/comments.

And @OP: those songs are definitely copyrighted.

I really love you guys, thank you for those wonderful comments. This forum has great members, I'm glad I'm here. You see those two songs could have caused me troubles, now all I have to do is change them to something else. Very easy solution, Thanks again!

when you apply for a youtube partnership (where you can make money from your channel), your channel is heavily scrutinized and if they find anything but original content you will be rejected. They also look at the amount of subscribers and views/comments.
How much money do you make for say each 1,000 video views?

The videos themselves don't generate money, but the ads do.
If you enable revenue on your video (only for partners), every time a person clicks on an ad on or next to your video the video creator gets money, I believe its around 1 cent per click; correct me if I'm wrong.

And if you're lucky enough to be accepted as a partner, remember if you click on your own ads they take your partnership away.

Let me correct myself:

Every 1,000 views the partner gets a sum of money: anywhere from $1.50 - $4.00 give or take a dollar (depending on the source)
In addition, a click on an ad gets a small amount of money (anywhere from 15 cents to 75 cents per click, depending on the source)

It may not seem like much, but the bigger youtube "stars" actually make 6 figures.

Back