• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch coors light parody with derek anderson

It's not a bad key. The main reason it looks off is that the coloring (lighting) of your subjects is not the same as the background.

Also you can fix up this particular shot a bit more by feathering the edges so they aren't so sharp and abrupt.

Play with your lighting some more, getting an even light on the background, then lighting your subjects separately with 3 point lighting and diffusion so they don't cast shadows on the screen. Keep them as far from the screen as possible to avoid spill (in your shot, you can see some green reflected in the guys hair, which is a huge reason you didn't get a clean key).

Also for avoiding spill, it's best not to set up your green screen in a room with white or light walls. It will add a green cast to everything and make for a harder key.

btw, what was going on with those white streaks in the foreground? I just could not figure out what that stuff was or why it was happening....

keep at it :)

thanks a bunch for all of the advise dready. i appreciate it very very much. i had no idea the farther away the better i'll keep that in mind.

I think the white streaks your referring to are wrinkles in the green screen causing shadows. they're on each indiviual person bc i dont have much green material so i filmed everyone seperately and layered all five videos on top of each other.

thanks again for the advice

Back