• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

condenser mic?

Hi filmmakers,

Just wondering, is the NTG-2 RODE series mic considered a condenser mic? Sorry to be asking this, its just that I get things confused regarding mics as I am fairly new to the audio world and I am aware that sound 50% the experience :)
You see, I want to get crystal-clear sound on every project I make, thats why I hear condernser mics are the proper tools for this. Well, for that reason, I wont be shooting my audio outside, I always want to do it inside cause of clarity. I hear shooting with mics outside loses a little quality.

1.) what is a good condenser mic (at a price range of 250 - 300 $)
2.) how do I record sound so that it matches when a person is talking? (synching I believe right?) Is it hard to match it? Is it good if I record audio FIRST, and then I record the footage? (with audio in the background)?

Such a noob I am :D

Last edited:
The AKG C451 or C452 does have capsules that screw on and off including a shotgun. Having said that it is a wonderful mic with the cardiod capsule, but the shotgun capsule is pretty average really.
Two or three different mics is really the answer ( unfortunately if you are on a limited budget).

Back