comic book readers?

just curious if we have any comic book readers amongst us?

i assume there must be a few of us!

right now, i'm actively collecting,
The Amazing Spiderman
Venom
Wolverine
Batman (although its just finished to be started again!)
and i'll continue to get the new lines of
Detective comics, Swamp Thing, Batman, and possibly Nightwing.

But i pick up issues of anything at random times. my collection spans from green hornet and Thor to cat woman and buffy.

Sooo..

anyone collecting the new DC #1's, or reading spider-island? or just reading anything at all?!

i'm loving the Spider-Island saga at the moment, following it through amazing spiderman and venom.
Venom, has actually turned out to be a great book! one of the best in recent releases, its only up to issue 7(?), very well written i think, and the art is excellent.

Also getting excited by all the new DC #1's. Detective comics was brutal, and looks promising to be a kick ass comic (as usual).

if your reading the new #1's, have you noticed a hooded woman in the background of ALL the new issues...

hope i'm not the only geek on here!
I'd love to share some thoughts on comics with other readers :D

cheers,
Ash

Yeah, definitely, right here! I am more a trade reader than buying individual issues, but tehre are a few I like to read. Right now I'm keeping up with Buffy and Walking Dead. I tend to gravitate towards horror and fantasy rather than superheroes), but I will read anything at least once! I grew up on House of Mystery and some of the old EC stuff (and was age-appropriate for the Ewoks comic, so I still have a soft spot for that), loved Sandman and Johnny The Homocidal Manaic. I'll read anything by Gaiman or Moore, give most Millar or Miller a chance. And as a huge Whedon fan, I of course buy the Serenity comics as they come out.

I do like the X-Men a lot, and I'm a big fan of Deadpool (the Deadpool/Great Lakes Initiative "Summer Fun Special" is one of my favorites. Squirrel Girl for the win!). I enjoy stuff like Hellboy, which sort of crosses the line. Oh, and "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth" is unbelievably good.

My favorite book of all time would have to be Stray Toasters, followed shortly by Mr. Punch. Also by Gaiman, his story "Wordsworth" in the Hellraiser anthology is wonderfully terrifying. I don't know if there are any good horror anthologies these days, but anyone remember Taboo? I loved that book.

I am a big geek and I love it! Hooray for comics!

Disney suks..ill never pick up any book by marvel errr the evil empire disney....i actually had 1 stock option in marvel and the evil empire had a hostel take over..there was even a lawsuit and of courese disney paid off the judges.....

with DC's revamp of all their books looks good...esp superman...

But my all time fav is a obscure title called Deadworld...started in the late 80's. its the predicessor to the walking dead..and i think sometimes its better.

Last edited:
I used to be a big comic book collector years ago, but now only read the odd graphic novel. I'm into anything that has a decent story. The ones I can think of are:

Watchmen (I actually thought this novel was boring)
Batman
Superman
Mauz
Crime Comics (it's a collection of noir comics)
Spider-Man
Kick Ass
Scott Pilgrim
Walking Dead
X-Men
Thor
A bunch of indie comics

I'm intrigued into the re-launch of the DC universe.

I do like the X-Men a lot

i'm a HUGE x-men fan. when i was younger, the cartoon series was one of my favourite things. i still love it to this day! and then when i got older i discovered the comics and they are even more excellent. just so much more mature than the cartoon. I actually have an x men leg sleeve, tattooed on me. :D

Disney suks..ill never pick up any book by marvel errr the evil empire disney....i actually had 1 stock option in marvel and the evil empire had a hostel take over..there was even a lawsuit and of courese disney paid off the judges.....

thats sucks to hear man.

but i love marvel. the business is the business, and i have no interest in that side of things. its still the same comics and characters. and it hasn't affected my reading enjoyment.

i'm a HUGE x-men fan. when i was younger, the cartoon series was one of my favourite things. i still love it to this day! and then when i got older i discovered the comics and they are even more excellent. just so much more mature than the cartoon. I actually have an x men leg sleeve, tattooed on me. :D

I actually just re-watched the cartoon series...hadn't seen it since it first aired. I'm surprised at how well it held up. Really well done production that got the meat of the stories (with obvious omissions like Pheonix not destroying an inhabited world, etc...can't do that on a kid's show!) Great stuff! And nice tattoo! The geekiest one I have is a Legend of Zelda (the sword and shield from Ocarina of Time) one on my left shoulder. What does yours look like?

I used to read voraciously, but I don't read a whole lot anymore. I keep up with stuff though, and I try to read a good graphic novel whenever possible.

I'm also mildly obsessed with Batman.

I actually just re-watched the cartoon series...hadn't seen it since it first aired. I'm surprised at how well it held up. Really well done production that got the meat of the stories (with obvious omissions like Pheonix not destroying an inhabited world, etc...can't do that on a kid's show!) Great stuff! And nice tattoo! The geekiest one I have is a Legend of Zelda (the sword and shield from Ocarina of Time) one on my left shoulder. What does yours look like?

i love zelda! well, ocarina of time at least, never really got into the other as much. everyone says twilight princes is really good, but i own it and have never ever started playing it. i don't know why either.

my tattoo is still a work in progress, but its from my ankle almost to my knee on my left leg. I've got, iceman, storm, magneto, wolverine and an unfinished jean grey so far. its going to go the whole length or my leg, still got a while to go.

I used to read voraciously, but I don't read a whole lot anymore. I keep up with stuff though, and I try to read a good graphic novel whenever possible.

I'm also mildly obsessed with Batman.

we're all a little mildly obsessed with Batman.

The Long Halloween and Year One are two of the best graphic novels i've ever read. batman just such a good character, you could write/read about him til the end of time!

I'm also quite obsessed with Batman.

The geekiest one I have is a Legend of Zelda (the sword and shield from Ocarina of Time) one on my left shoulder.

Josh, you are my hero. If I ever got a tattoo, I think that might be it! I am a total whore for Zelda.

I read a bunch of Vertigo titles. I love Fables, Jack of Fables, Hellblazer, Y the Last Man, Books of Magic. Also really into some old-school Japanese chanbara titles, like anything by Koike and Kojima (Lone Wolf & Cub, Samurai Executioner). All of Alan Moore's stuff, of course. Walking Dead. A little Batman on the side. Anything by Osamu Tezuka.

Back