• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Colour Correction Crash Course?

Unfortunately my colour correction guy has dropped out of the film unexpectedly a week before the deadline, just gonna have to do the colour correct myself, so not sure I'll need to export to prores now.

Anyway, I've never really colour corrected or colour graded before, any videos, books, or articles anyone could recommend? I know colour correction and grading is a very complicated process, but desperate times calls for desperate measures, if anyone can point me in the direction of a crash course that would be fantastic!

Really understading the craft takes more time than you have.
I suggest you take the 2 track approach: try to learn it quickly while you post an ad looking for someone at the same time.
If you find a new grader you're out of trouble and the time you spent learning isn't wasted: it's always good to know more :)
And otherwise you do it yourself.

Provided you've previously matched all the clips color-wise, just give all the footage a contrast bump and slight saturation bump and call it a day.

If you haven't matched your clips, I'm afraid you might be SOL if you've a lot of footage.

Back