• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Color Correction Advice

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and first off I'd like to say hello and tell you what a wonderful site you have here. I've been able to find a wealth of knowledge in the short time I've been browsing over the forums.

I'm very new to film making, I recently started by developing training and corporate resources with my company and I'm going to start expanding into the fantastic realm of video/film.

My question here is; What type of feel does the color correction I did to this piece of footage give off. I was hoping to give it a warm and kinda nostalgic feel. Was I way off? Any advice you could give me would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Jerrick

Before
CCNotDone.jpg

After
CCDone.jpg

Welcome! Im pretty new too, and just had a "schooling" in this topic! (its a good thing!)

Nothing about snow makes me feel warm brrrrrr :)

But I think you achieved "warm and kinda nostalgic." The contrast is better and it has a rosy glow that suggest sunrise\sunset..

I think you're headed in the right direction..

Mostly it just looks more contrasty than the original with some extra saturation, but not all the much warmer, and I'm not sure about the nostalgic bit.

To me a warmer nostalgic look would have to be a bit more dreamy.. There's nothing wrong with what you've done here, I just think you could push it a lot further to sell the look/feel you're going for.

Of course it's all subjective, there's not really a right or wrong...

Attachments

• CC-redux.jpg
    CC-redux.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 105
Back