Cloud Storage

I made a thread about a hard drive a few days ago. I'm ordering it tomorrow, but there's something else. I always like to have my data backed up 100%. I can be a bit paranoid about this sometimes. I used to have an account on A-Drive that gave me 50GB free storage but I got locked out my account somehow. Anyway, is it worth to pay for cloud storage? I was considering doing that as well as keeping it on physical drives.

Thanks.

If you're using it just for backups, then an automatic backup program is a better idea than just plain cloud storage. Backblaze is the one I've been looking into using. For $5/month it backs up everything but your system files, applications, and temporary internet files. And if something gets deleted from your computer, you've got 30 days through their system to retrieve it.

Just don't go past the old reliable extra hard drive. They're cheap as chips these days ($99 here in Oz for 3tb!)

The one thing that worries me most about an increasing reliance on cloud storage is what happens when these companies disappear (taking your data with them!).

Just don't go past the old reliable extra hard drive. They're cheap as chips these days ($99 here in Oz for 3tb!)

The one thing that worries me most about an increasing reliance on cloud storage is what happens when these companies disappear (taking your data with them!).

I imagine they'd warn you in advance. They don't usually disappear.

Back