Cliches to avoid in crazy person reveal conversation?

Are there many?

My film basically goes along this sort of process:

Part 1 - Two people meet, obvious angst and mutual antipathy is expressed as they establish why they're meeting. Tiny things happen in frame that only the eagle eyed will notice and clue them into the fact that something isn't right. Thinking of using subtle, unusual sound frequencies to highlight a sense of wrongness.

Part 2 - The wrongness is built upon and a big reveal is made that one of the characters has an altered sense of reality. The big reveal is used to visually establish history and character development, and while the conversation is really happening, it's not happening the way we're being shown.

Part 3 - Reality is revealed, both visually and verbally. Not crazy character delivers final verbal smack-down and leaves the crazy character having a meltdown.

Finale - Reason for the meeting is revealed, the success discussed and the future progression of the story is outlined.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Cliche detection?

Thanks guys. :)

You posted this several months ago, so don't know if you still need ideas. What you posted sounds intriguing. I have been a mental health nurse for many years, so if you need specifics, I might be able to give you some insight. Feel free to PM me.

Back