Chroma Keying Objects

I have a slight problem i am trying to do a video clip of some cards but i want to change the faces of the cards.

I originally thought you could green screen the object but is proving more difficult than first expected.

The only other way i could think of doing it was frame by frame in after effects.

But there must be a better way.

Input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

It sounds like you want to superimipose an image that you have green screened, correct?

If so, you need to have a perfect lighting set up for the green screen, it's crucial for keying out the screen. Even then you may have to tweak it by masking some of the outer area.

Here's a brief description with a quick tutorial link at the bottom for AE.

Yeah i would like to super impose the image but super impose it on to a playing card.

Do i green screen the card or everything else?

Paul

Well let's say you have the Jack of Spades for the card... you want to zoom in and have your friend Jack's head appear there at the same time. Does the head have to move? Is there live action? Is it just an image?

What you'll have to do is have your friend Jack sit in front of a greenscreen and tape that. Key it to get a nice mask. Then add that on a layer above the playing card. You'll probably have to modify the size and position of your friends head to get it right over the face of the card.

If the card is moving and you don't have a tracker, then you'll have to move it manually, frame by frame.

I hope that answers your question.

I don't know what versions of After Effects include the motion tracker but the pro version certainly does. I'd look through your AE options.

Back