Choosing a camera?

Hi, So I have been doing alot of research for a long time and have decided to buy this camera, This is also the website from the shop im going to buy it from. http://www.connscameras.ie/promotion/8714574559414pd.html

Do you think this is a good option? and if so what microphone would go well, after having some discussions about sound options, a Rode Videomic was the result, Do you think this is a suitable setup?

spinner, i completely agree with you in your case. But if the paid projects, that OP mentions, will come up only once in a while, i think its absurd to buy an expensive camera. It will take quite some time before he ll pay himself back for it (looking from invertment point of view)

You could be right.

However, if all you want is a camera for 'paying projects', don't buy one at all. Paying gigs for new people are so few and far between when you are starting out that yes, it would be absurd. But if the OP is actually planning to make the filmmaking thing a serious pursuit, a camera is probably a good expense. Now, I'm not saying you have to get top of the line. I am a big proponent of using what you can afford.

My comment was in response to 'renting for your projects'. We don't really know, because the OP never said ;), what he feels he will be doing with the camera on a long term basis. Certainly, if you don't see yourself using the camera extensively, then don't buy one. It won't be worth it.

In my case, for better or for worse :), I saw myself using and making uses for my camera. Sometimes you have to make your own opportunities.

-- spinner :cool:

Back