Choosing a camera to shoot a feature

Hi there

Can anybody suggest a resource that would help me compare HD/4k cameras and alternatives to film in general?
Something with sample footage would be great, especially to demonstrate light sensitivity.
Does this seem unclear to you? Let me explain.

I'm doing a feasibility study for a feature as I'm applying for funding. I need to convince people who are highly skeptical of digital against film and I want to do a serious study and bury them with evidence.

Thanks in advance
Fran

personally, I would look for funding where people are positive about digital, you will have a really hard time changing old school film lovers to accept HD, no matter how much evidence or research you present to them. They see film as the only media, been there. look at films/video like 28 days later, and Collateral.

Over here you can't really choose where to look for funds. you have to be thankful for every penny you find.

AMEN to that. There are more and more films being shot on 4K- Get Smart was 4k. Knowing staring Nicolas Cage as well as Steven Soderbergh's Che were both shot on the RED camera. Go to some of the 4k manufacture sites Genesis, Viper or Red. I'm sure they will let you know what films are being shot on their systems.
Good Luck:)

I'm doing a feasibility study for a feature as I'm applying for funding. I need to convince people who are highly skeptical of digital against film and I want to do a serious study and bury them with evidence.Fran
Quote them a price to do the film on 35mm ... and a price to do it HD. Tell them that the success of the film will depend on the script and the actors.

Back