• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Check Out My Trailer For 'Mafia II'

Hey guys,

I'm new here to the forums at Indie Talk and I just thought I'd share a project that I am currently working on! Let me know what you guys think! I'm really curious to get some feedback from people other than close friends and family!

Look forward to your replies,

-Luke

YouTube Video Here!

Strong Points:
Excellent voiceover casting.
Good camera work. Not great, but from what I can tell from the trailer were not any major framing issues.
Editing synced video and audio (voice and music) well.

Weaknesses:
One dialogue clip indoors I could hear echo. You want as isolated a voice sound as possible. Make sure you have the mic close enough and use dampening devices in "hard" or "reflective" rooms.
I had a hard time understanding the theme. The trailer began to go to an epic movie feel, like a LOTR or apocalypse type movie trailer. If this is a drama thats fine, but it was a little too cliche and didn't seem to match the film.
Find your theme, message, and feel of the film and try and convey that in the trailer. I know there is Mafia involved and there is some kind of epic good vs. evil battle. But it doesn't tell me much about the movie or why I should see it.

Also, what type of camera and audio equipment are you using?

Strong Points:
Excellent voiceover casting.
Good camera work. Not great, but from what I can tell from the trailer were not any major framing issues.
Editing synced video and audio (voice and music) well.

Weaknesses:
One dialogue clip indoors I could hear echo. You want as isolated a voice sound as possible. Make sure you have the mic close enough and use dampening devices in "hard" or "reflective" rooms.
I had a hard time understanding the theme. The trailer began to go to an epic movie feel, like a LOTR or apocalypse type movie trailer. If this is a drama thats fine, but it was a little too cliche and didn't seem to match the film.
Find your theme, message, and feel of the film and try and convey that in the trailer. I know there is Mafia involved and there is some kind of epic good vs. evil battle. But it doesn't tell me much about the movie or why I should see it.

Also, what type of camera and audio equipment are you using?

R3VOLUTIONARY,

Thank you for your feedback! I like hearing anything positive or negative, either way it helps me make better videos!

I am using a Sony DCR-PC109 which is a standard miniDV camera with 720x480 resolution. I do not use any external microphones or any other equipment so it is hard to make the audio what I want. I am really a big 'small timer'. I just use my friends as actors and my parents old video camera, but I've always dreamed of making this a profession.

Thanks for your feedback again!

I find that sometimes on of the biggest problems is finding willing and decent actors. You seem to have plenty of actors filling out roles here. But you are definitely doing the right thing by getting out there, shooting, and making good use of what you have. I think as long as you keep a coherent script with a solid plot, you have a good thing going. Solid audio could really kick it up a few notches. Always keep in mind the content is the most important part of the picture. That's what people come to see. Get that right and you can't go wrong.

Back