• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Check out my short film!

i've done it a few times by sizing up the image to about 105% (not much resolution loss) and keyframing motion from one side of the stage to the other. what software are you using? I can link you a tutorial.

Good effort.

Did you use any additional lighting apart from in your home already?

As others have said, the scenes were somewhat flat and camera movement could well help.

For me a great short is 75%+ about the story.

Thanks! :D

I didn't use any lights as I am poor (I know I could buy some but it'd be a hassle to hang up by myself), I just used the light on my ceiling along with my lamp. So my main improvement should be camera movement?

Here's a link to simulate the camera movement (if you only have a tripod available and no camera operator) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-B3Nc8Vc8g.

As for the lights, you can even use regular desk lamps or floor lamps...really anything will work if you're working with no budget. Just make sure to set them up in a 3-point configuration (key light, fill light, hair light). Here's another tutorial about basic lighting (definitely watch and learn, this is super important to all filmmaking):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Sov3xmgwg

Good luck!

I liked this. The part where you trip over the shoe was funny and what made it even funnier is that you didn't clean up the spill you just went back and refilled your glass, so that made me laugh and was a nice addition because quite often people will show them doing something done in real life, like making a drink, and it becomes uninteresting but to add the trip, spill and refill of the glass breaks that up nicely, as well as cutting back to what the lamp is doing while the drink is being prepared.

Back