• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Check out my reel! Feedback welcome

Edit: Updated reel here-- http://vimeo.com/116123520

Hey everyone,

So it's been a while since I've posted, but I thought I'd share my reel from the past year on the forum.

(Some strong language)
http://vimeo.com/108408415

I'll be upgrading my equipment (probably adding a gimbal stabilizer, better lighting, maybe a better camera) for my next project, but this is what I've put together so far. My website is at thomasverdi.com.

Please let me know what you think, and thanks to everyone who's given me advice!

Last edited:
Get yourself a body mic or two. Sound is half a movie.

Or if you're just showing off the visuals lose the sound and just play music.

Some of the footage is well shot, well framed. Some of it is confusing and hard to follow since the editing is at times choppy and the sound isn't the best. Especially the two actors pulling guns on each other at the end. Mostly you need more material for your reel.

Use the more visually interesting parts of your films. Or just shoot some random visually exciting footage to show what you're capable of.

So, overall, some decent visuals. The content needs work, as does the sound. Plus lose the moments of black when there's just music playing towards the end.

Your opening titles are on screen a bit too long. Keep the editing tight. As it stands, this isn't a reel most people would see and want to hire you for a directing gig.

Just my opinion. Adios.

The volume of a lot of the clips are very inconsistent you need to make them all equal and the dialogue needs to stand out from the music, but with your mics you cant hear anything until you guys start yelling aaaa. Besides that the music selection is questionable, the song at the end is completely unnecessary. Also I guess if a reel is meant to show off what youre capable of, shakey, dirty camera shots arent really what I would want to use as filler.

When you make something try to make something that entertains you and if you watch it and think "oh this is boring" or "oh this looks (or sounds) funny" you need to go back and do it again.

(I'm sitting up late at night on a film forum dropping bomps about editing when in truth i know nothing about the film industry so dont ~listen~ to me just take what I've said into consideration, its how i make my stuff i aint tryna h8)

Last edited:
Back