Cheating...

Something got me thinking today. I heard about some guy at my old college who was caught cheating on his essay and it made me wonder what lengths people would go to to get where they want.
Would you pay someone to do your work for you? Would you steal someone else's idea? have you ever done something that others might think was morally wrong? I'd like to think I wouldn't but then have never been in a situation to test that.

Last edited:
all new ideas are based on originals, life is based on originality just renewed in a new way, morales are for those who wish to live by the book, but even they will be stung one way or another.

do what you want, live with the consequences.

uhh.. hell yes. premarital sex for one
Nah... I'd strongly advise that it's morally right to engage in pre-marital sex - just to ensure you two are on the same page BEFORE you're married.

wtf-ken_o_856337.jpg

There shouldn't be any real big surprises on the honeymoon.

(I ain't a big fan of virgins, either, FWIW.)

Marcus,
For my AMAZING string of all A's on my college papers where we were routinely encouraged to NOT plagiarize I'd find a sensible article on the relevant information and play a variation of 'The Adventures of Letter Man!" called "The Adventures of Thesaurus Man!"
It totally buggers with the plage-programs used to ferret out us theiving bastards.

Gopherit.

;)

Last edited:
I never cared enough about school work to bother cheating. And the whole reason I do creative work is because I want to express myself, you know, creatively. There's no point in copying someone else's work, though certainly being influenced by and learning from. As Stravinksy once said, "good composers borrow, great composers steal". Wait, I mean, I said that. ;)

As far as morally wrong, well, I was a teenager once. An angsty small town punk ticking time bomb teenager. So you can all just assume the worst of me, but rest assured, I did grow up, no Ludovico Technique necessary (to be fair, that was the entire point of that book anyway)

Would you pay someone to do your work for you?

Yeah sure. These days I call it delegating. It's what a boss is supposed to do.

Would you steal someone else's idea?

When you're in school and you steal someone's work, it's called plagiarism, in business it's called market research. This question depends on your point of view. I read books, tutorials, forums to learn from other people's ideas. I use those ideas. Do you think that is stealing?

Have you ever done something that others might think was morally wrong?

Of course. I once failed to recycle my milk container. My neighbor declared that was morally wrong. I thought she was a nutcase. Once again, it's all a matter of perspective.

The desire to be lazy has sparked more inventions than I'd care to think about.

I suspect these answers aren't what you want, but that's just a matter of perspective too.

Nah... I'd strongly advise that it's morally right to engage in pre-marital sex - just to ensure you two are on the same page BEFORE you're married.

wtf-ken_o_856337.jpg

There shouldn't be any real big surprises on the honeymoon.

(I ain't a big fan of virgins, either, FWIW.)

Marcus,
For my AMAZING string of all A's on my college papers where we were routinely encouraged to NOT plagiarize I'd find a sensible article on the relevant information and play a variation of 'The Adventures of Letter Man!" called "The Adventures of Thesaurus Man!"
It totally buggers with the plage-programs used to ferret out us theiving bastards.

Gopherit.

;)

haha indeed there could be al sorts of nasty shocks involved with not having sex before marriage.

Also involving the plagarism argument my theory on it is that if you watch Seven Samurai and are inspired by it then copy away. If you are stealing somebody elses idea and making it yourself then it is morally to me very wrong. Most of the greatest stories is based round taking influence from other peoples films and tales.

Back