Cheap shoulder rig

Hey I am looking for a cheap shoulder rig and possibly a matte box with it. What are the cheapest and best of quality shoulders rigs? Link would be nice :)

The one which that1guyy linked above is the exact same model that I own.

For the price, it's fairly good. Luckily it comes with extra blue screws/knobs, 'cos I just managed to break one the other day. :lol:

The follow-focus works very well with lenses that have a wide surface area to turn on, such as the stock 18-55 T2i lens and other similar ones. Not so hot with the $100 Nifty-Fifty, which has a tiny dial/ring on the front of it. With practice you can get it to work, though. It's just a bit more fiddly when there's a smaller focus dial.

It definitely fits the cheapest end of the scale. It is far from the best, though. If price is your number one concern, it will do what you need it to do reasonably well. It just ain't no Ferrari of Shouldermounts.

The one which that1guyy linked above is the exact same model that I own.

For the price, it's fairly good. Luckily it comes with extra blue screws/knobs, 'cos I just managed to break one the other day. :lol:

The follow-focus works very well with lenses that have a wide surface area to turn on, such as the stock 18-55 T2i lens and other similar ones. Not so hot with the $100 Nifty-Fifty, which has a tiny dial/ring on the front of it. With practice you can get it to work, though. It's just a bit more fiddly when there's a smaller focus dial.

It definitely fits the cheapest end of the scale. It is far from the best, though. If price is your number one concern, it will do what you need it to do reasonably well. It just ain't no Ferrari of Shouldermounts.

Me like this.

My shoulder rig broke a week ago and I'm done cutting costs on vital equipment. It was one of those things that rests on the chest too and can hold there handfree. Well for 20 bucks, I guess it did serve me well enough. I'm just happy I was quick enough to catch the camera when it was falling apart...

Back