Cheap Mics

Now I know that the pro film makers on here will mention the high end mics and say that you should be spending at least £100 on a mic.

However I want to know how good these very cheap chinese mics are off ebay, heres the link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-14-37-Inc...graphy_CamcorderAccess_RL?hash=item335703269b

Has anyone got one of these? they are cheap but i just dont have the money for a expencive mic, i dont even have a very expencive camcorder. I cant see what makes shotgun mics so much anyway. at the end of the day its a mic for fcks sake, they have been around for a very long time lol.

End of the day i need a cheap mic but it has to be "ok" at least.

If you had to choose between a Yugo and a Rolls Royce which would you choose? It's a question of QUALITY; the quality of the design, the quality of the components, the quality of the manufacturing process. If you properly maintain a quality product it will last for years. It will maintain its resale value. It will do the job better with a superior degree of reliability.

If it's just "a mic for fcks sake" why do professionals spend thousands on them rather than rely on a piece of cheap Chinese crap?

I hate to be harsh, but if that is your attitude towards the gear you choose it is probably your attitude towards your profession as well. If this is true your projects will live up to your handle - your videos are doomed.

Back