Celtix- what's the deal?

It's been mentioned...

Spatula said:
http://www.celtx.com/index.html

Free screenwriting/script breakdown/pre-production software???

Just found this by fluke, but at first glance it looks pretty cool- anyone have any experiences with Celtix?

-Signor Spatula
We've mentioned this software a few times in different threads... Some people swear by it... I'm so used to using Movie Magic and Sophocles that I found it a bit cumbersome to use but I imagine with some repitition, you'd definitely get used to it...

filmy

yeah- did a post search for "Celtix" and nothing came up... I'll probably give it a try, but it doesn't look like it supports imports from Word...

YAFI uses it. It is free, platform independent and works. I'm sure the paid software is much better, but this does the job. I was going to make a database driven piece at one point in time that would take a story from an out line to a fully fleshed out script including snapshots of individual costumes, call sheets that would print on demand, shot lists, storyboards...everything from start to finish...even itemized cost breakdowns. Then I started making a movie and didn't have time to do that any more :( If I do pick that up again after this all blows over, it'll be mac only (Applescript Studio), sorry to all the PC folks.

Back