Catford Films

Hello,
My name is Glenn Birks and I founded Catford Films back in 2005.
My main passion lies in music and the writing of scores for fictitious films. Back in 2005 I had the idea to actually make a short spoof film to showcase my style of music, which we did. It took 18 months to make and what was gonna be initially a 10 minute short turned out to be a full film. Prior to this I had no experience in Directing or Editing , it was all put together on this Magix program. The irony was that film making started taking precedent over my music and we decided to make a sequel , after I had invested in a decent NLE and After Effects. I had been using Reason3 for all the music as well as my 24 track studio, so the music part was always of a decent standard.
The new film " The Wig Of Death 2 " took two and a half years to make. I made it my priority to read as many books as I could so we could make something that looked less amatuer.
The cast list is over 50, all made up of friends and work colleagues and we are sending it off to Tribeca for the 2011 season.
The film runs at 1 hour and 45 minutes and I am pretty impressed by it.

My music site - http://horseflyrecords.bandcamp.com/
Catford Films - www.wigofdeath.com

I hope you like us.

Salut,

Glenn
Catford Films

hey glenn

first off welcome to the boards...I do have to say I am very inspired by your story...I am an aspiring film composer and would love to get more involved in the creative process of a movie in the future..hats off to you

Back