Casting help!

Hi guys, so I have my first casting tomorrow, and I have never done one before, so basically looking for some tips! Were looking for a person to play a medieval character, we have shortlisted some actors on spotlight and invited them to the casting.

The project is a short drama, where a young orphan boy is knighted the short has very little dialogue, so we are looking for someone who can express emotion really well and naturally, does anyone know of any excersises that i could do in the casting to see how the actors can express themselves without dialogue?

Sorry for the short notice! The agents only replied to us today haha also sorry for any spelling or grammar issues. As I am secretly typing this on my phone at work!

Cheers for any help!

Try to get them to play some of the part that you think suits them the best. Examples of the difficult part you need.

The biggest suggestion I can make outside getting them to try the part and for you to work out if they fit the role, also try this:

Say: "I like what you did, but can you try it more like this." (like more emotion, less emotion, more movement, less movement etc. etc. Changes can happen to your story or you get your choice slightly wrong, if you do this, at least you know they can follow your direction somewhat. Try at least 2 changes for whatever you get them to do.

Don't be afraid to ask direct questions on things that concern you.

Back