Casting Director Questions?

Hey guys I'm about to hold LOTS of auditions and I need to know what are GENERAL things to ask them? Any help is greatly appreciated :D

The way I do it: First I audition them and see if they can act. If they can, I just ask general questions about availability. Then I play it by ear. Depending on the person, where they're from. Do they have transportation (depending on where you're located).

You have to know what you need, and know how you're shooting your movie. You need people who can work within your standards. Believe it or not, you might need someone to drive a car, and the actor might not have a license. If someone has to move gracefully or dance, they might look gorgeous, but have no rhythm.

I have a friend who doesn't care as much about talent as can he get them to do what he wants and needs. His material is a bit risque. So, he asks questions that give him more of a psychological profile of his talent, than of their actual talent. This way when they read his scripts they won't run for the hills. For him it works.

The way I do it: First I audition them and see if they can act. If they can, I just ask general questions about availability. Then I play it by ear. Depending on the person, where they're from. Do they have transportation (depending on where you're located).

You have to know what you need, and know how you're shooting your movie. You need people who can work within your standards. Believe it or not, you might need someone to drive a car, and the actor might not have a license. If someone has to move gracefully or dance, they might look gorgeous, but have no rhythm.

I have a friend who doesn't care as much about talent as can he get them to do what he wants and needs. His material is a bit risque. So, he asks questions that give him more of a psychological profile of his talent, than of their actual talent. This way when they read his scripts they won't run for the hills. For him it works.

Thanks that's a perfect answer mate! I literally forgot the most important thing was if they could act wtf... I'm gonna be honest I had a list of questions and the first one was; Is there anything your allergic to? HAHAHAHA it makes sense to ask that but i shouldn't have to until i decided their roles :) Thanks for your comment and any other info helps to :)

TWICE I've had problems with people being allergic to cats. Never even dawned on me to ask. During Us Sinners I had an actress come, she had a bad allergic reaction, I bought her medicine, she fell asleep. But, we managed to get the scene done. Of course when it came time to sign the release, she refused. So, it's not a dumb question.

With this shoot, we got together at an actress' apartment where we were going to shoot. The other actress' eyes turned bright red. We shot somewhere else.

Back